1. We collect and use personal information such as your name and email address only for the purposes of providing the connectagift service to you as either an Event Page Creator or Guest and maintaining the integrity and security of the connectagift service and website.
2. We do not collect any personal information in the nature of financial data such as credit card, debit card or bank account details from you. We use Stripe as our payment platform. Stripe is a third party site. Stripe does not give us access to or provide us with the full financial data such as credit card, debit card or bank account details that they collect from you. In the event that we change our payment platform these same principles will apply to the new payment platform.
3. You may optionally provide us with other personal information such as your age, year of birth and gender. You consent to us using such other information in a form that does not identify you personally as market research for the purposes of improving and more effectively promoting the connectagift service and website.
4. Personal information that we collect from you, that you optionally provide us with and that we are given access to as set out in this Policy is stored at the website where it is protected by the website’s SSL security certification which authorises us to use the SSL lock symbol. In the event that we become aware of a breach of the website’s security affecting your personal information we will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of the fact and nature of the breach as soon as we are able to do so.
5. We will not sell or in any other way commercially exploit or share with any other person or entity for their own commercial or any other purpose any personal information that we collect from you or you may optionally provide us with or we are given access to as set out in this Policy and we will not transmit it to any other country.
6. When you register and create your Event Page the website automatically includes the name you registered with behind a search facility at the website home page. Anybody who enters the exact name you registered with into the search facility can then be transferred to your Event Page. You consent to us using the name you register with to provide this search facility at the website.
7. We do not publish or make public your Event Page URL. We recommend that you only disclose it to particular individuals by one to one communication to each individual.
8. An Event Page comprises a part that is accessible by anyone using the Event Page URL or the search facility at the website home page (hereafter called “the publicly accessible part”) and a password protected part. The publicly accessible part of an Event Page will automatically show the name the Event Page Creator used to register with us, the name a Guest enters into that mandatory information field at the Event Page and all material (except photos added by a Guest). A photo directly added to an Event Page by a Guest will be able to be seen only by accessing the password protected part of the Event Page unless the Event Page Creator uploads it to the publicly accessible part of the Event Page.
8A. Material directly added to an Event Page by the Event Page Creator or a Guest is entirely the responsibility of the person who adds the material. We recommend that when you are directly adding material to an Event Page you adopt the usual precautions that apply to posting personal information to publicly accessible web pages. Information about this is available at http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib310037/fs168-online_social_networking.pdf or otherwise may be available by searching www.acma.gov.au
9. Information entered at an Event Page by a Guest as to their name, email address and the amount they wish to contribute (before deduction of fees) is automatically provided to the Event Page Creator at the password protected part of their Event Page.
10. We will not access an Event Page unless we are requested to do so by the Event Page Creator or it is necessary to do so to resolve a dispute or complaint or for the purposes of our right to take down an Event Page or remove material directly added to an Event Page as set out in clause 6 of the Terms and Conditions. You consent to our accessing and using material directly added to an Event Page in those circumstances and for those purposes.
11. It is the responsibility of the Event Page Creator to use due care in creating the password that will give them access to the password protected part of their Event Page and to not disclose that password to any other person.
12. Cookies are widely used on the internet. They perform a wide range of functions.
The connectagift systems will set cookies when you visit connectagift.com. They may be both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). Persistent cookies can be removed or blocked by following your Internet browser help file directions.
You are able to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of the connectagift website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
13. We use Google Analytics who may also set cookies on your browser and read cookies that are already there. For information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
We will not and will not allow any third party to:
a) use our Google Analytics service to track or collect any data that personally identifies you
b) associate any data we gather as a result of our using Google Analytics with any other data that personally identifies you.
If you want to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics click:
Any questions relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.